Tuesday, July 28, 2020

How to Craft an Elevator Pitch That Attracts Customers

Guest Blogger - Maggy Sterner
Here’s what I love about elevator pitches: They’re not just something you use to say what you do out
loud so people want to hire you. 


A pitch is like a Swiss Army knife: It contains all the part of your brand AND you can use it as the basis
for all your marketing content, from your website to your social media profiles. 


Here’s the structure of a pitch the way I teach my clients: 


“You know how hard it is to just tell people what you do in a short-and-simple way? Wish you felt
super confident whenever you have to describe your business? I’m Maggy Sterner and I’m a
brand and business coach. I help small businesses and entrepreneurs get laser clarity about
what they offer and find the words to talk about it so they’re magnetic to their ideal clients. My real
job is to connect you to the heart of your brand message.”


That’s pretty much it. In 25 seconds I’ve told people I know what their big struggle is, what they’ll pay anything
to have, what I do, and the results I deliver. 


I don’t talk about my services, my coaching programs, where I went to school, what I used to do, or how long
I’ve been in business. That information isn’t relevant in a pitch.


I use the words my ideal clients use when they need the help I uniquely offer, solving the ONE problem
my people have and delivering the ONE solution that solves all their other problems.

Here’s how to craft yours. It’s a fill-in-the-blanks way to have a pitch that’s conversational and clear:


THE WHAT: The problem you solve for the people you serve. 


You know how …. AND/OR
Wish you felt/had … 


WHO YOU ARE: Your title, what you call yourself using words that make sense. Keep it SHORT.


I’m Maggy Sterner and I’m a brand and business coach.


THE WHO: Your target audience and/or your niche. 


I help small businesses and entrepreneurs … 


SO THAT … This is why people will hire you, not because you have 12 degrees, 25 years of experience,
and a million certifications. The “so that” is the moneymaker part of your pitch.


… so that they’re magnetic to their ideal clients. 


THE KICKER: This is your real job. You’re not selling coaching, consulting, or widgets. You’re selling the
thing people really want when they need help. I call it “My real job … “ or “I’m the go-to girl for … “ This is
what you’re known for, what people say about you when they refer someone to you.


My real job is to connect you to the heart and essence of your brand message.


You can put that pitch straight on your LinkedIn or other social media profiles, your website’s About page,
all your marketing materials, and everyone will understand what you do.


More importantly, so will you.

LOSE THE QUARANTINE 15! IMMUNE HEALTH      CHILDREN'S IMMUNE HEALTH


-----------

Maggy Sterner // https://maggysterner.com  is a brand & business coach. She helps entrepreneurs and sm
all business owners discover the ONE magical sentence that perfectly describes their brand. When they
have that, they feel confident telling people what they do and their perfect clients know where to get help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment